Let's Get Acquainted

I am a little late linking up to this party, but I have a good excuse I promise!  I caught the lovely stomach bug that has been making the rounds in my family.  I had to miss another two days of school this week.  My poor little kinder babies were so excited to see me today and I was just as excited to see them!  I have been gone too much, but you can't help it when you are sick.  Just glad I am back to feeling like a human again.

Anyways, I am linking up today with Flying into First Grade for a fun get to know you linky party.



This week the task is share 3 things you like using your initials.  In my case that would be AJP.

A - Almonds - Yummy, healthy snacks.  Can't get enough of them!  Since starting weight watchers in January, I have lost about 13 pounds.  I am always looking for yummy snacks that fill me up and are low in points.  Almonds fit the bill perfectly!


J - Jewelry - Now I am not a big diamond girl, but I do love me some jewelry.  Here is my new favorite piece of jewelry.....a simple chain with my kids' initials on it.  Both their names start with C so this is perfect!  I wear it every day!  My other favorite piece of jewelry is my wedding ring.  I also wear it everyday :)





P - Pinterest - I mean really who doesn't love the place that you find these gems.



And one of my all time favorites:



Oh Pinterest....how I could easily spend hours looking through things that I really don't need to, but feel like I have accomplished so much...ha!  :)  Sometimes I have to limit my time on Pinterest so I can get "real" things accomplished and not just filling my imaginary wardrobe!  If you are interested in following me on Pinterest, please click {here}.

I promised to write another post about the conference I went to last week and I promise it is coming.  I just haven't done anything but sleep really the past two days and I am exhausted today.  I am just glad I am on the mend and keeping my fingers crossed that the hubby doesn't get it next.  He is the only one in the family that hasn't had it yet.  I am thinking his chances aren't good of steering clear of this virus.  Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend....taking care of a sick hubby!  I am also working on a new product that I am excited about.  Can't wait to share it with you!  :)

Guess what??  Tomorrow is Friday!  We are celebrating St. Patrick's Day in our room tomorrow....are you?  I would love to hear what you have planned.

14 comments

  1. You poor poor thing! I am so sorry to hear that you were sick :( I'm thrilled you are feeling better. Stomach issues are just the worst! I love your necklace, it is adorable! When I have kids (a very long time from now) I will definitely be getting one. So sweet :)

    And seriously, who doesn't love Pinterest?! How did I ever exist without it? Ha!,I forgot to tell you that I loved your dinosaur activities that you did with your littles. You completely inspired me and we will be learning about dinosaurs now next month! Thanks for being so fabulous girl!

    Love and hugs,
    Khrys
    Keepinitkoolinkinderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khrys....thanks for your sweet comments! Glad you liked the dinosaur activities. I don't know how I survived without pinterest....ha!

      Delete
  2. I love the stop pin. So funny! For me it's always stop, hammertime. =)

    Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your St. Patrick's day celebration tomorrow! Can't wait to see some pictures!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For me, the stop one is usually "collaborate and listen". My bff and I growing up would sing "ice, ice baby" all the time!!!!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you were sick, that is the worst!!! Glad you are better now. Love that necklace, it is so pretty. Wish one of my letters was P cause who doesn't love Pintrest!!

    Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Being sick is the worst especially when you have little ones at home!

      Delete
  4. Haha, love the "stop" one! I am way addicted to Pinterest... and I love following you on it! Glad you are feeling better, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I also love following you on pinterest. I love all the outfits you pin. Makes me feel like I am not totally out of it when it comes to fashion knowing that I like the same things as someone like you! :)

      Delete
  5. So glad you are back to feeling a bit better. Your necklace with the C initial on it is super cute. Like everyone else I am also a BIG Pinterest fan. I am also looking forward to hear more about your conference.

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep working on that conference post and then I get distracted. Like right now, I should be finishing the yearbook {which is due Monday} and then I should be entering in grades {which are due Tuesday a.m.} or just working on lesson plans. Instead I am blog stalking and replying to comments. I totally have my priorities straight right? Ha!

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog through the linky party! Where would we all be without Pinterest!? I'd be slightly more productive I think ;)

    Jessica
    The Littlest Scholars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Jessica! I agree I would probably get more done if I didn't constantly get on pinterst, but it is just so much fun!

      Delete
  7. Can't wait to see what you guys did yesterday! I love that last pin! Ha!

    xo
    Irene

    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete