Valentine {Freebie}

Today is a (somewhat) short week for me at school.  Every Wednesday we have early dismissal at 1:30 and then Thursday is a half-day with dismissal at 10:55 (yep.....Valentine's Day is a half-day), but we then have parent teacher conferences until 6:00 p.m.  Friday there is no school, but we have conferences from 8:00 until noon.  So in theory I have a short week with the kiddos, but I still think it will be a long week.  I am trying to get as many Valentine's Day activities as I can in this short week!

Today we discussed LOVE.  It was so funny that every time I said the word love most of my boys would say "eeewwwww".  Hahahaha!  It made me laugh!  We talked about what we love and made this web together.


 Then the students created their own Love webs.  They could use ideas from the web we made together or come up with ideas on their own.  We will use these tomorrow to write sentences about who we love!

At first I thought this little girl loved Harrison Ford {I mean, who wouldn't right?}. But no, that's her brother's name!  ;)



This little guy was one of my friends who kept saying "ewwww" every time I said the word love....ha!
Then I gently reminded him of the things/people he loved.  He then stopped saying "ewwww".


I have this love web as a freebie for you.  Just click on the image below to grab your freebie!  :)


Don't forget to check out these two fabulous giveaways for the Quietest Pencil Sharpeners!






3 comments

  1. Yay for a short week (ish)! I know what you mean, sometimes those weeks feel the longest because there is so much other stuff to do. I looove (hehe) your love activities! And thanks for the super fab freebie! Gotta love Harrison Ford, even the kinders do apparently! Well almost :) hope your week doesn't drag on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your anchor chart!!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I LOVE this freebie! I am totally doing this sometime this week! Thanks for sharing, Amanda!

    Hugs!
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete