Monday Made It and A-Z Linky

I am linking up with two fabulous ladies today.  First, I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.

This past week/weekend my nephew was in town for his 21st birthday.  In my family I am known for my cupcakes so he asked me to make my famous chocolate cupcakes for his birthday.



He also requested that his cupcake get 21 candles.  Let me tell you.....it is not easy to fit 21 candles in a cupcake.  Its even harder to light them all...ha! But I did it :)



For my classroom, I starting making my Valentine's for my students.  I am making these Hershey Kiss rings.  All you need is 2 pipe cleaners and a kiss.  I made these last year and they were a big hit!  I am guessing the same will happen again this year.




I also just finished making some new products for TpT.  {Click on the images below to head to the products!}

  


Secondly, I am linking up with The Polished Teacher for the A-Z linky.  This is first linky and I am loving the idea!






A: App:  My favorite app for kids is Super Why.  My little girl is in kindergarten and she loves it!  It is educational and fun.  The perfect combination!

B: Book Character:  This is a hard one, but I think I am going with the Pigeon from the Mo Willems books.  :)

C: Clip Art:  I have been bitten by the clipart bug lately.  I love any and all clipart from Scrappin' Doodles, KPM Doodles, Ashley Hughes, and my friend Khrys Bosland.

D: Dollar Spot Find:  Recently, the Valentine's Day small erasers.  I am using them as manipulatives for math centers right now.  {Of course, I forgot to take pictures at school today!}

E: Essential To Start Day:  Coffee ~ If I haven't had my coffee, you should probably stay away.....ha!


F: Font:  My friend Khrys Bosland also makes some super cute fonts.  For Valentine's Day, I am loving her Bonjour Sweetheart font.  I also love her Striped Pajamas font.  Stop by her TpT store and snag some of these wonderful fonts.


G: Game:  At our house, Candyland and Trouble are the favorites right now, but I also LOVE Sorry!

H: Holiday:  Hands down my favorite holiday is Christmas.  Its the only time the whole family seems to get together and I love spending time with them!


I: Ice Cream:  For those of you aren't familiar with Whitey's Ice Cream {a hometown favorite}, I am so sorry!  It is the absolute best ice cream ever!!  I have so many I love, but my 3 favorites are black cherry, salted caramel, and Sgt. Camo {Proceeds of Sgt. Camo go to our troops!}

J: Jewelry Piece:  My wedding ring

K: Kid-ism:  "Do you have a backpack?  I have a backpack and it makes me smart!"

L: Location To Travel:  The Ozarks....my aunt and uncle have a couple "cabins" there and it is just so peaceful and relaxing.

M: Management Technique:  My behavior management system.  Click on the image to read about it.


N: Nail Polish:  I love Essie nail polish.  Right now I am loving Big Spender.



O: Open House Idea:  We don't have open house at our school so I don't really have any ideas.  We do "unpack the backpack" night instead the night before the first day of school.

P: Pinterest Find:  

Q: Quote:  "A person's a person no matter how small."

R: Read-Aloud:  Any book by Mo Willems

S: School Supply:  Brand new crayons

T: TPT/TN Product:  
My favorite purchase from the big sale yesterday.



U: Un-Official Hobby:  
I love to scrapbook, but I don't do it much.  And of course, blogging!

V: Video Brain Break:  
Adventures to Fitness ~ my students LOVE it!

W: Way To Spend A Day Off:
  Sitting with a cup of coffee reading a book :)

X: X-tra Special Blogs You 
♥:  So many to name, but here are a few of the blogs I truly love











Y: Yummy Dessert:  I love ice cream and I also love dark chocolate!  YUMMY!

Z: Zoo Animal:  
Giraffe

Hop on over to either one of these fabulous and link up too!  Don't forget to enter my giveaway that ends on Friday!


I am headed off to bed....I did Zumba this evening for the first time in months and it wore me out!  I am barely keeping my eyes open as it is!  Good night everyone.  

9 comments

  1. Those cupcakes look delish! I love the way a new box of crayons smell!

    Christina :)
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love to make them, but I never eat them...ha! I guess that's a good thing. :)

      Delete
  2. You are one of my blogs I love too...thanks for showing the love :) You are the best!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you so much for linking up! I have so many new wonderful ideas thanks to you! I love your behavior management system! And that nail polish is adorable!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed the linky....thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  4. Aww.. I love how you named your wedding ring as your favorite jewelry piece. Also, I really like how you have those behavior posters above your behavior management chart.

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda!
    I love Mo Willems! I like the idea of "unpack the backpack night". We have open house and a playground night at the end of summer for the kids to get a little familiar with the teachers. I'm glad I found your blog.
    Have a wonderful day!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    tamingmyflockoffirsties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete