New Year's Day Sale & January Currently

First of all, I am having a sale in TPT store today for 20% off.  Click on the image below to get your shop on!



I am also linking up with Farley for the January Currently.  Can you believe it is already January?  And that it is 2013?  Wow......time sure flies!



The hubby is watching ESPN before heading to work.  This is his daily ritual and I don't dare touch it!  Plus, I secretly like watching ESPN, but don't tell him that ;)

I am LOVING my new super warm, fuzzy, comfy robe that the hubby got me for Christmas.  I would wear it all day every day if it were socially acceptable!  Yep, I LOVE it!

I keep THINKING every day of break that I should go up to my school and work on some stuff, but it is way more fun staying home with the kids and hubs and hanging out with them.

I WANT my son to get better.  He has been sick since Friday.  Yesterday we thought he was finally starting to get over this bug, but today it has come back full force.  Poor little guy.  He mainly just wants to cuddle with his momma and I am happy to oblige.

I truly NEED a space heater right next to our computer desk.  It is in the "man cave" room of our house and it is FREEZING in here!  Every time I work on the computer I freeze my tush off!  (Which wouldn't be a bad thing if some of my tush actually came off in the freezing of it off ;)

OLW - positivity - This is going to be my focus for 2013.  I want to focus on the good and positive instead of the negative.  It is a bad habit I fell into and I want/need to get out of it.  So on with the positivity!

Now I have to go back for more snuggles with my sick little guy.  

15 comments

  1. I also need to run into the classroom. It's this task that I keep meaning to get to but just haven't.

    I bought myself a small electric blanket that's perfect for computer or couch time!

    I found you through the linky. Happy New Year

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An electric blanket would be perfect! Thanks for the great idea!

      Delete
  2. My hubby watches ESPN all the time. I secretly enjoy it, too!!

    Teacherroom102.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame my dad because we watched it a lot growing up! :)

      Delete
  3. Positivity is a great word! I hope your son feels better soon! Enjoy your time at home!
    Gwen
    Learning With Mrs. Brinn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your OWL! I do a linky party each month called Tell Me Something Good because this school year has been so difficult and it's so easy to just focus on the negative. I'd love for you to link up with the next one! I hope your son gets better! The sick bugs sure are going around this winter!

    Jennifer
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Headed over to check out your blog. I would love to link up sometime :)

      Delete
  5. I'm your newest follower! I hear you on the son getting better- My little man came down with a cough/fever/runny nose on Christmas Eve. His fever is over and done but the rest is lingering. The long naps he is taking are nice though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! Glad to hear your little one is feeling better.

      Delete
  6. Just found your from Farley's! Love your post today. We are kindred spirits...I include my awesome new PJ's AND awesome new snuggly blanket in my Currently!

    I have the same 'freezing work room' that you do and I did get one of those little space heater thingys! It's AWESOME! Except...now I have no excuse to stay up here and work! (PS- wish the whole freezing my butt off thing worked too!)

    Just became your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. It is does sound like we are kindred! Headed to your blog now to check it out :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Amanda - I found you through Currently and am your newest follower. You have the BEST name ever! That's my daughter's name. :o) Have a blessed 2013!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following. I have always liked my name :)

      Delete
  8. Positivity is a great word! I have had to work on that one too!! I am glad I found your blog and look forward to following you this year :)

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete