Voice Levels

I just attended a two day Kagan Cooperative Learning Coaching training.  If you have never been to a Kagan C.L. training, you NEED to go!  All I can say is ah-maz-ing!  You will totally rethink the way you teach.  I love it and I have been using cooperative learning in my classroom for the past five years......yes in kindergarten I use cooperative learning.  More about that another time.....

During the training, I was speaking with the presenter (who was just plain fabulous) about quiet signals and voices in the classroom.  He suggested that I teach my students voice levels based on who they are talking to: no talking, partner, team, or the whole class.  Before I had done a number system for my voice levels and he said it was too abstract for them to grasp.  I immediately thought "why did I not think of this?" and my next thought was "I need to create a visual for my students".  So, I did!  And because you are all so fabulous yourselves I am sharing it with you for free :)  I am introducing this to my students tomorrow.  We are going to practice, practice, practice each voice level until they fully understand what each one sounds like.  I will let you know how it goes!!

Just click on the image below to be directed to my TPT store where you can download a free copy for yourself!


1 comment

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've never heard of Kagan Cooperative...I'm off to google it and see what it's all about! I think I may try the voice level thing---my kids totally aren't getting the level 0, 1, 2, etc. right now!

    Thanks!! Can't wait to read more of your blog!

    Debbie :-)
    K is for Kinderrific

    ReplyDelete